jueves, 10 de noviembre de 2011

The mind. The heart.


You know the emotional ferris wheel? Well, I'm not at the bottom, but I'm pretty darn close. I am seriously tired. Not physically, though I just took a nap a little while ago. I'm just sluggish, especially at school. I really wish the semester was over already. Don't get me wrong though, you know how much I love my major, but the superavit I had when the semester was starting is finished. I'm getting burnt out.

I know I'll feel better tomorrow, but these will still be my feelings overall. Also, this won't really matter. I know me. My mind and my heart are close, but not necessarily married. Call me stoic, but it's actually very usefull. I helps me get up every morning, tune my temper, overcome my frustrations, think long term.

My juggling has been lacking lately. All around. To me you know. I hope to those around me it hasn't been noticeable. I don't really doubt it though.

I had tutoring today, school mandatory. And it really helped me land a few things I had fluttering around my head. For example, I like to think ahead to try and prepare you know? And if I don't, at least it's a conscious decision so I can't blame anyone. Anyhow, she talked about how in my major it's really important to speacialize when you graduate. However, you make this decision when you're close to finishing and you've learned enough about the major and about yourself to choose what you want to study, what you want to do.

It's common that you enter college with a very "clear" idea of what you want to do, and you end up doing something totally different, in the same field at most. So I don't need to add that weight to my sack, and I should just chill out more you know?

I'll try and do that more, I tend to excell at it hoho. My hubby also recommended it and my mind is ready to execute.

So I'll just keep smiling and walking forward. My heart will follow.

1 comentario:

  1. I understand exactly how you feel. Right now im in a spot in my major in which is making me feel awkward. I do like the whole idea of my major, but like you said, Im getting burnt out, I dont quit know why is this. I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe is the fact im far away from my home. It could be that it was not as I expected. Maybe it will fade with time or become more frustrating. I guess I will just deal with it and continue until the end of the semester and think things through. I can only hope my heart follows. If not my buddies brain and heart have to sit down and come to a point where the three of us concur.

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...