lunes, 9 de abril de 2012

Belle Fille Update

On a happier note, I'd like to talk about my Belle Fille. She's had a few subtle changes of late, but they've really caught my attention. She's never been troublesome, but now she seems to have a new 'tude, you know? She's still a sweetie and all, but now she's more... let me put an example. She's tall enough to fumble with the stove handles now, but I obviously don't let her.

So I put on a stern voice, and and say No Belle Fille.


Belle Fille seems taken back by my tone of voice, but isn't cowed. Instead, she looks me in the eye, and lifts her hand silently.

No  I repeat.

She drops her hand but her face is as serious as mine. Without flinching nor hesitating, she reaches up at the stove again.

No.  My tone hardens and she removes her hand. She knows I mean business.

She adjusts her strategy, but not her goal as she smiles sweetly still looking at me but moving her hand towards the handle.

No matter what I do, she's relentless. She isn't even afraid of physical discipline, so my best bet is to say No and move her away while I distract her with something else. These interactions which have been repeating themselves under different circumstances with the same results remind me of when she was wedged up in my rib cage and resisted for a long time to move no matter how much I tried to coax her out. Remember? In Simply Stunning.

Anyhow, that's my Belle Fille for you. Hitherto.

2 comentarios:

  1. That kind of behaviour is not always a bad thing, as it can be a very early sign of social intelligence! I am very glad she is a very smart, healthy and charming little princess. She must have gotten that from you.:)

    P.S: See what i did there? A smiley face!

    Regards.
    -Publius.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Just like any momma, I love my baby being admired like that, thank you! And I do get the smiley face, do you? It's like I recognize it from somewhere :)

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...