miércoles, 14 de diciembre de 2011

Probably not because I just came up with it



Have you ever heard about school lag? Probably not because I just came up with it.

School lag: period of time that comes directly after finishing a semester or course at an education center, (at whatever level) characterized by impending lazyness, sleeping in, occasional yawning and nearly permanent apathy. The suspected cause of these symptoms is to be mentally, and in more complicated cases, physically burnt out. The cure requires about two to five days (not just nights) of resting and sleeping.

See? School lag.

That is my present state, except that I still have to go to college to find our my grades for one more week, a beautiful babe to look after, and a home to keep when I am at home. Thus, my rehab isn’t exactly expedient rather than being drawn out.

Ha ha... Want something a bit more graphic? The breakfast dishes are still waiting to be washed, the house is a mess, I’ve got two little mountains of (folded, mind you) clothes needing ironing, the bed hasn’t been made yet (Belle Fille is still sleeping there) and I could continue this list but you get the idea.

Me? My hair is disheveled, I’m wearing a robe with little hearts on it and slippers and was reading in bed in middle of all this, until I realized that I’d better take advantage of my baby sleeping and blog. I’d sleep myself, but it wouldn’t be very restful because the idea of all the stuff I have to do would be nagging at the back of my mind the whole time. However, I don’t really feel like doing anything this very instant, so here I am. Thankfully, it’s like 10:30 or something so I don’t feel pressured just yet.

I made french toast today and stayed at the table reading this article while Belle Fille walked around her high chair in the kitchen. Then she suddenly stopped, turned around, came straight to me, and but her head on my lap.

Hey baby cakes, are you still hungry?

No.

Are you sleepy?

No.

I pick her up and hug her, and she snuggles up to me.

Do you love me?

No.

Do you want more strawberry milk?

No.

I sing to her, and rock her slightly. Kiss her head and ask

Did you know I love you?

She doesn’t answer. Instead, she seems to think about it for a few seconds, smiles and nods. She never spoke, but she told me

Yes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...