viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2011

The First: Table Manners




As I was watching my baby daughter I decided that her motor skills might as well be challenged since they seem to be getting along pretty fine now. So I started to teach her how to use a fork. To keep things simple, we started with finely chopped sausages. At first I tried to teach her the correct, adult way to hold her little plastic fork, and she was cooperating but we ended up falling into the simpler, toddler way of holding the fork. She did really good, I’m so proud! Ho ho, I might be getting worked up about this little thing, but just this morning she used her fingers to eat everything.

For lunch I gave her an apple and went on my own business while she walked around the house eating it. But when I checked on her, the apple was gone. I asked her for it and she did know I was talking about the “apo” as she calls it, but I’m not sure she understood the word “where” when I asked her for it. I convinced her to help me find it: she followed me around the house while I looked for it. I just had to find the apple before I forgot about it. Until it started to rot under, I dunno, the couch. But it just refused to be found! It literally had me on my knees, trying all the places Belle Fille could reach. At that level, I looked for the fruit under the Christmas tree but it wasn’t there.

At least, it wasn’t under the tree. I think Bell Fille wanted to decorate the Christmas tree on her own, so she put the apple there, right in the middle of the lights and spheres. Can you believe it?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...