martes, 22 de marzo de 2011

Belle Fille's First Vacations

I've got one word for you... Beach! We just had a long weekend and took advantage of it by going to the beach with a few friends. It was really fun and relaxing, even for Belle Fille!

However, between us and the beach there was a road trip that would get us from point a to point b that I wasn´t particularly looking forward to. I'd heard that traveling with infants is really stressfull and I was a little apprehensive about taking the babe for a five hour trip. I know it's not much but what would I do if she decided to poop her pretty bottom off in the middle of the road? What if she got nausea and puked?

My...

Thankfully the babe was excellent by sleeping about half the time and eating and playing with her toys the other half. She'd only start to cry when hungry, and that's easily fixed so it didn't pose a problem. Thank goodness for her sweet temper and high tolerance levels! Why, she´s just like me! (wink)

We bought her a baby float with a little flower on top for shade and she looked so cute! We also got her a full body bathing suit with 50 UV protection. You know, the kind that looks like a wetsuit, so the sun had no more effect besides giving her a light tan. She really liked the pool and would ocasionally paddle her little feet in her floaty. She didn't move more than a few inches but her waddle was very funny and added to her already huge charisma.

At the beach (the floaty was used at the hotel's pool) Belle Fille´s first sight of the sea was that of awe. We couldn't peel her eyes off from the ocean! She had this confused look on her face she gets when she's trying to understand something, with her eyebrows knit together. After the shock excitement kicked in and she was ready to venture into the waves which were less than a yard high in her Daddy's arms like the brave girl that she is. Turns out she didn't like the big noise the waves made when crashing and got fidgety so we retired back to dry land.

Us grownups (right) played a little futbol and there was a small accident with a friend involving a toenail making a 90º degree angle with itself. Ouch. That once happend to me playing volleyball and it HURT. By the way, for me playing football is the equivalent of standing still and occasionally hinting at kicking the ball.


Belle Fille and me at the beach, isn't she gorgeous?

P.S. Hmmm... I've been a little reluctant on posting pics online, but you already know me and Belle Fille's identity is (of course) veiled under her cool sunglasses. I haven't taken a stand in this aspect, and yes I am a little paranoid. I just couldn't resist showing off my babycakes!

1 comentario:

  1. I really need the beach to I would love to go -____- and about the baby's nice temper yeah she probably got it from her mom cof cof.

    In my case my mom told me that at the beginning I was really afraid of the ocean, then 5 min later after dipping my toe on the sea. I cried if my mom tried to pull me away from the sea jeje.

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...