miércoles, 2 de marzo de 2011

The happy juggler

Hi there! I haven't written in a while, have I? Try and guess why... school! That's right, I've been in College for a month now, and I am so happy! I'm keeping it really light so I've only got a couple of classes, but you've no idea how much I enjoy them. The homework I could pass, but they're very interesting all in all. Learning about the foreign policy in Latin America and how Europe manages their business. Turns out I'm a bit rusty though, a few presentations haven't turned out as I would've liked, but I'm working on it. I also seemed to have forgotten the amount of reading my major involved but I'm back to reality now.

The first day back I sincerely felt like a newbie, not lost but a little nervous. When I got to my major's department there were only people I didn't know at all, and the person I was looking for was really busy so I had to wait a little bit. After a while, a known and friendly face finally appeared and I felt less awkward, until an inside joke made it's appearence and since I'd been gone for a while, I felt kinda left out.

Fortunetly, (or unfortunately, depends on your self esteem or hormones) the feeling wasn't anything new, so, though I felt a bit self-conscious, I reasoned that it wasn't necessarily intended to make me feel uncomfortable: I just haven't been around. Sure, they couldn've been more sensible towards me, but then again I was feeling a tad insecure before that already and probably took it the wrong way. I'm sure it wasn't badly meant.

Ok let's steer off those feelings a bit and continue to the big picture.

The point is I am glad to be studying again. Oh, and remember how I was a bit apprehensive about how this would affect my Belle Fille? I needn't have worried: she sleeps most of the morning, and she's such a darling she's no bother at all. Usually she's barely waking up by the time I come back from the university so that's really taken a load (no matter how imaginary) off my mind.

However, I've got to admit that besides school and my beautifull babe, I've got other responsabilities at home I haven't managed quite yet. For example, I'm way behind ironing and a few details of the sort, but, as a whole, I'm getting along acceptably. My hubby, my Amado, has been very supportive, as have been our relatives. In fact, we've been eating better than usual because my mother in law kindly helps us out with cooking a few times a week hoho :)

I've been tempted to lay off a few activities I was doing during my free time like studying japanese and french in order to get things done around the house, but they're so worth the time to me I don't want to abandon them. However, I've still got to do many other things. What to do? And so, tada! My handy, beautiful, black and white agenda saves the day! Besides practical it's pretty so I even enjoy taking it out to scribble homework assignments and stuff like "remember to do laundry". And once in a while, I get to write something like "dinner with Hubby at x restaurant, 8:00 pm" ;)

In a nutshell, I am so thankfull. Really. Everywhere, anywhere, no matter how I look at it, all I see are blessings. Thank you God, thank you so much!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...