viernes, 13 de agosto de 2010

Sleeping in the laurels

I am now supposed to be eight months in my pregnancy. Yet the babys' birth seems so far away. Don't get me wrong my tummy is by far my main feature and I do walk slowly and a bit funny (If I get careless I resemble a duck) but where are the feared contractions or anything that reminds me that in aproximately a month the baby in my tummy will be born. A real human being that will need caring for: food, diapers, sleep etc. Couldn't something make it more real for me, some sort of wake up call?

I know that I should start to prepare for the baby, but she hasn't given me any kind of urgency call. My pregnancy has been a pretty sweet one compared to others; I've been blessed in that matter too. I've talked of my babes' personality before, she's strong but not troublesome. So in this manner, since she isn't constantly reminding me she's quite near coming out so my husband and I must be especially careful as to not "dormirnos en los laureles" like thay say in spanish or get careless just because the babe doesn't mount a big show.

In the next few days we're going to buy all the stuff a baby requires like diapers and her crib and so on and so forth. I'm reading this book called Parenting: From Surviving to Thriving by Charles R. Swindoll (excellent, I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself and neglecting the things I should be doing like prepping for the baby.

I soooooo want a natural baby birth. I slightly (very slightly) cringe at the thought of a possible c-section. Oh and those stretch marks that suddenly sneak up on you...

PD: Just catching up a bit, my very much loved maridito and I are now completely established at our new home. Yay!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...