viernes, 20 de enero de 2012

Beauty (?)



I've been thinking a lot about the concept of beauty lately (you know). And I'd like to point out that I'm talking about the Concept, not just being atractive. The word, "beautiful" has been applied to so many different looks, has had so many changes that it's impossible to just box and label it. From having hot curves with meat on them, sculpted bodies, to being sickly skinny (Does anyone remember Twiggy? She started it, but now it's been taken too far).


Not cool people. Not healthy. Not beautiful. For example, what's the point of a work of art? We're all so different ourselves, it's logical that we'll all see it differently. Its beauty lies in what it transmits. In how it makes you feel. Free? Happy? Or sad? Can you feel the confusion, or the joy, that the artist felt when he was painting? That's where the paintings' beauty truly lies. However, what do you feel when you see a girl that is starving herself to be thin and show off her clothes like the models on a magazine? Can you feel the girls insecurity? Her sadness, frustration? There may fashion there, but there is no beauty.


Or let's say that anyone, really, regardless gender. But for this example let us say a woman is in her time physically perfect: she has a perfect nose, a great body, beautiful face, great teeth... you name it. She also happens to be married, but she always greets her husband with an ugly expression on her face. Ranging from angry at worst, indifferent at best. To her husband, she does not look beautiful.


I am not saying that people shouldn't try and dress up, look nice and primp themselves up. I do it everyday. I enjoy doing it. You could even say it's in my DNA. But what's behind, that's what really comes across. I'm not a pro at it, the proof is in my last post. I've bought some magazines to give me ideas, but those are just suggestions, not canons. I personally like to look pretty, but I strive to look beautiful to my hubby, to my baby, my family, my friends.


We all need beauty, true beauty in our lives.

4 comentarios:

  1. Vanity is a terrible vice if you cannot keep it from controlling you. It will turn you inside out and eat your ego and self steem if you believe you are to follow these canons and standards set by the entertainment and fashion industry.



    Be confident. Be unique. Be yourself.

    -Publius.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Personally, i believe everyone should do just enough to keep themselves healty, clean and happy. Not more, no less.

    -Publius.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Too true. I think I'll take a leaf out of your book and follow your philosophy, if you don't mind.

      Eliminar
  3. Be my guest. It's the least i can do after enjoying your writing for so many months.

    -Publius

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...