jueves, 26 de enero de 2012

Spring Cleaning-ish



I've been tidying up the house of late, and it's been going really well. The books used to be scattered around the house and now they're all together in one bookcase. The same goes for clothes, shoes... etc. I've also upgraded the "neatness" in my house a notch or two now that I'm at home full time; I just hope I can keep it up when vacations are over. Whatever.



We've also been spending more time with the neighbors and their kids, to Belle Filles' delight. Sort of. See, she loves to be around kids and follows them around and smiles at them and is cute, it doesn't matter to her that they're complete strangers. But the other day while we were with a group of kids, a baby that was smaller than her by a couple months pulled her hair on one occasion, and pushed her in another. On both she cried, but I think she was mostly suprised: no one had ever treated her that way.

The baby boy continued on his merry way like it was nothing, and then started to pull his own hair. His mom tried to show him how he had wronged my baby, but I don't think he grasped the concept. As for me, I just hugged her while she bawled into my shoulder. She wasn't really hurt, but she was upset all the same. From then on, when the little boy waddled by, she would start to inch away, getting behind me if he came too close. Unfortunetaly, he thought she was playing and Belle Fille had to get used to his following her around. She's a little more cautious though, my sweet baby girl.


3 comentarios:

  1. Keep it up. Winter vacations must be over very soon.

    I suppose your little girl is a very charming one. The little lad that pulled her hair must have had an early crush on her. They say not only beauty, but also charisma are traits that can be inherited.

    -Publius

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh, and those rubber gloves do seem quite charming.

    -Publius.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Why, that's very sweet, thank you. They are my lucky gals :)

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...