viernes, 31 de diciembre de 2010

New Years' wishes

New Years Eve. That's today.

Tomorrow most people will begin some sort of list that'll supposedly guide their actions during the next year. Stuff like losing weight, getting better grades if you're still in school, a better job if you work, or simply a job. Other common wishes are finding your true love, getting married, traveling and much more specific wishes like maybe getting in touch with your parents you haven't seen in years. Etc, etc.

The average blog you'll come across today and for a while will be motivational and inspiring. The good ones might actually instigate you to change, give you that push you need to get started on your own personal new year's list. They won't tell you anything new, but at least they'll get you on a good path.

This is where what I write won't tell you anything you don't know either, just a little more point blank. Understand that you likely won't see that list through. At best you'll start it but I'm almost positive that you won't finish more than half of it.

Humans are very similar amongst ourselves. And perseverance isn't precisely an accurate description of us. Lazy is. So is comfortable. Mediocre is as well. That is the average you. I'd like to offend you as to move you to prove me wrong. But really I don't like offending people so I will just say that it'd be excellent and against the grain if you got at least 60% of your wish list accomplished.

With this concludes my own version of a motivational speech. Perhaps I should've had another approach on the subject, been a bit more optimistic. Well, I haven't but I sincerely hope you do make a wish list and try to get it done. It's how you can grow you know. As a person.

On the other hand...

Happy New Year! May all your dreams come true!


With love,

Nancy B.

2 comentarios:

  1. Did you fullfil your new year's resolutions, B.?

    -Publius.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Actually I did, sort of. The more practical ones like keeping the house tidy and having little details with my hubby went really well. School was so so, but I failed terribly at keeping my japanese and french new years' resolution. I don't think I learned a single new thing in those subjects in the whole of the year.

      Eliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...